LStore-SRM Interface Development
This project is trying to provide a transparent access into a L-Store system to a srm user. The final release version of the server would support LBNL's v2.1 server (and above)and client specs.
Current Status as of June 13th 2006
- Proof of Concept for uploads and Downloads have been completed. A user can use the LBNL srm client to connect to the srm server being hosted at surya1.accre.vanderbilt.edu and transfer files in and out transparently, without realizing that there is a L-Store system in the backend.
Work to be done
- Development of server functionality using LStore API (~1 week)
- Implementing correct semantics of srm transfers (~1.5 weeks)
- Implementing ls, mkdir and stat (~2 weeks)
- Testing on distributed machines (different server and client) (~1 week)
- Feature testing (~3 weeks)
Thus total time for a releasable version stands at 8.5 weeks. Realisticaly we are looking at third week of september for an alpha release.