June 27, 2008
Jump to navigation Jump to search
REDDnet Collaboration Meeting
- Jun 27, 2008 -- 11:00ET/10:00CT/8:00PT
- Call 510-665-5437
- Meeting ID is 7333
- Santi, Alan, Matt (Vanderbilt ACCRE)
- Dan (from CERN, Vanderbilt Physics)
- Diana and PR (SFASU)
- Micah, Terry, Harrold and Chris (UTK)
- John (ORNL)
- Paul (from Fermilab, Vanderbilt Physics)
- Status of Depot Monitoring Tools (Bobby)
- New REDDnet Status Page - work in progress!
- Password protected page for cell phone numbers and skype addresses. (Mat)
- Need to make a todo list for Library of Congress Work (Terry)
- we need a list to give to LoC so they know what they should be doing.
- SFASU tests (PR)
- recursive uploads of 13,000 files in 82 subdirectories, about 2MB files, 25.6 GB total.
- 2-8 MB/s speeds
- using l-store client
- Santi points out that a new version of the client that can do some parallel uploads will be available very soon. They are using now but still working out a few bottlenecks.
- recursives ran perfectly
- they have a much large data set than this that they will start pushing soon.
- ORNL Depots (Bobby, John)
- new goal: 4th week of June is the new window
- Status of CMS integration work (Dan)
- PerfSONAR integration Status (Bobby, Martin)
- Demo opportunity for SC08?
- Nodes for CERN (Bobby, Martin)
- Phoebus / Logistical Networking Integration issues (Terry, Martin)
- use GridFTP and use Dan's plugin?
- Terascale Super Nova status