Jan 20, 2010
Jump to navigation Jump to search
REDDnet Collaboration Meeting
- Jan 20, 2010 -- 16:00ET/15:00CT/13:00PT
- (877) 416-7592
- Code: 9171592
- Alan, Mat, Santi, Swathi and Bobby (ACCRE)
- Micah, Terry, Chris, Stephen (UTK)
- Dan and Paul (Vanderbilt)
- Ezra and Martin (Delaware)
- Jim (ORNL)
- PR (SFASU)
- Jason (I2)
- Follow up on Nagios monitoring (Jason/Matt)
- Task list and time estimate to integrate snmp into ACCRE aggregate plots
- ditto for Time Window selection (ACCRE)
- status of routing issue with cern depots (Matt)
- Depot roadmap (Alan and Paul)
- New proposed hardware: use 2U chassis with 12 2-TB drives as a base unit. 10 Gbs NIC.
- A site would have 2-3 of these chassis. (48-72 TB per site).
- No need for separate networked KVM's, etc.
- Cost: $5-6K per chassis
- Given remaining funds, which we will discuss, we believe we could deploy 12-16 more sites.
- We will update all of this at the meeting, numbers are subject to some change.
- Americaview (PR)
- Need DLT by April 1 (earlier if possible). Is this still correct?
- what do we need to do? other sites in addition to Wisconsin?
- discuss the schema Hunter sent around.
- Hunter believes he can get service registration integration to Alan by the time he needs it. We shoudl discuss this timing.
- Packaging. Need people to work on this. Jason would like to start ASAP, March is bad for him. could "packagers" start with old code just to get things rolling?