Jan. 26, 2007

From ReddNet
Jump to navigation Jump to search


  • Time: 10:30EST/9:30CST
  • Conference #:510-665-5437 Meeting ID:7333


  • Larry Dawson, Santi de Ledesma, Dan Engh, Paul Sheldon, Alan Tackett (Vanderbilt)
  • Hunter Hagewood (Nevoa)
  • Micah Beck, Terry Moore (UTK)
  • P.R. Blackwell, Mike Coffee, Diana Gunter, Shane Jenson (SFAU)
  • Martin Swany (UDel)

Current Agenda

Application Communities

  • Geospatial -- TexasView/America View (P.R. Blackwell)
  • CryoElectron Microscopy: Anything new?
  • CMS Particle Physics
    • Ultralight collaboration?(Paul, Alan)
    • Status ROOT_L: integrating ROOT and LN technology? (Dan/Paul)
  • Astrophysics?
  • Alan's trip to the West Coast (Alan)
    • Modern VideoFilm
    • Library of Congress NDIIPP meeting

Deployment and Operations

  • The most recent deployment schedule for REDDnet and L-Store software.
    • Is there any update on this schedule? A timeline of what will be deployed where and when?
    • There are demos planned for the beginning of March (AV meeting in Washington at least, maybe OSG meeting in SD as well).
  • Discussion of alternative strategy for investment in REDDnet deployment - The general idea is to buy more, but perhaps less well provisioned nodes, and try to deploy them to more places where application groups will fully populate the rack with storage. (Terry)

Technology: Hardware, Software

Organization and Funding Opportunities

  • Library of Congress funding
  • NSF PIRE (Feb. 28th)-- Paul: Any word?

Events, Education, Outreach

  • Given the current list of activities for the spring, consider the following questions arise:
    • Do we want to do a demo at the TRIDENTCOM show? Since it's in Orlando, is there any chance our Ultralight colleagues would like to get together and demo with us? If so what would we show.
  • List of upcoming events this Spring that we know about or that we're planning for. More details about what's planned are on the "at work" page
    • CMS Week -- February 26 - March 2, 2007 at CERN. -- Is anyone we know going to this?
    • OSG Consortium Meeting --- March 5-8, 2007 at UCSD
      • Who will be going to this?
      • The agenda for this seems pretty closed. Will there be an opportunity to do things.
    • AmericaView Annual Winter Meeting-- March 5&6, Downtown Washington DC and at USGS Headquarters.
      • PR and Terry are on the agenda
      • Side meeting with interested parties
      • May be a NDIIPP PIs meeting at the same time, so may be able to make connections between groups
    • Internet2 Spring Meeting, Apr23-25, Crystal City Marriott, Arlington, VA
      • We have submitted proposals for a regular track session and a side meeting.
      • Expectation is that we'll be accepted for both.

Action Items from December call

  • Terry will get the LN wiki up and going (http://www.logisticalnetworking.org)
  • Alan will share the rough spec he's going to develop for libxio before he implements
  • Micah will recover and put on line the old IBP spec or, if that can't be located, do what he can to replace it.

Some Notes on the call