Feb. 23, 2007
- Time: 10:30EST/9:30CST/7:30PST
- Conference #:510-665-5437 Meeting ID:7333
- Larry Dawson, Santi de Ledesma, Bobby Brown, Alan Tackett, Dan Engh, Paul Sheldon(?) (Vanderbilt)
- Hunter Hagewood (Nevoa)
- Terry Moore, Chris Sellers (UTK)
- P.R. Blackwell, Diana Gunter (SFAU)
- Martin Swany (UDel)
Agenda for today's call
We have a pretty focused agenda for this call, namely, status check and ToDo's for the upcoming meetings and demos we may have at the beginning of March. Also there's some news about our recent visit to Fermi and the upcoming Internet2 meeting. Details are as follows:
- Demo for AmericaView/USGS (Washington, DC; March 6-7; Terry and PR atteding) : Software and operational issues
- Update on AV/REDDnet demo project. Best download rate to date is 86 to 87 Mbits/sec
- Seeing only minor difference with various combinations of simultaneous files and threads per file.
- Still waiting for new L-Store server with depot allocation to use for the demo. We need this so we can start loading data.
- Haven’t yet received L-Store software update – still getting lots of exceptions
- Can’t increase slice size on upload.
- Preparation for the OSG All Hands meeting - San Diego; March 5-8; Paul, Dan, Bobby, Kevin
- Getting started with Phoebus? (Bobby)
- Status of Root/L
- News update
- Meeting with REDDnet contingent (Paul, Dan, Micah, and Terry) with CMS folks (Lothar, Ian) at Fermi
- Spring Internet2 meeting