Allocation Time and Congestion Handling
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- problem is that there is a big overhead to checking all the allocation on a depot or a set of depots.
- so want to minimize how often this is done on a recurring basis
- so how short a time is "just short enough"?
- at depot level it will be best effort, real congestion handling should be done at higher level - at LoCI tools or L-Store
- for the next 6 months, our plan:
- see what "short enough" is, try a month at beginning, maybe adjust as needed
- work at LoCI/L-Store levels to do this right
- implement a manager for something like a really short term duration use case as an interim solution (for example for the Condor checkpoint file use case).