August 8, 2008

From ReddNet
Revision as of 14:11, 14 August 2008 by Sheldonp (talk | contribs) (→‎Attending (???))
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

REDDnet Collaboration Meeting


  • August 8, 2008 -- 11:00ET/10:00CT/8:00PT
  • Call 510-665-5437
  • Meeting ID is 7333


  • Alan, Bobby, Dan, Matt and Santi (Vanderbilt ACCRE)
  • Diana (SFASU)
  • Chris, Harrold, Micah and Terry (UTK)
  • Hunter (Nevoa)
  • Jim and John (ORNL)
  • Julie and Paul (Vanderbilt Physics)


  • Quick Status reports
    • Status of FACIT-Globetrotter work (Santi, Chris)
      • Any more interaction with Justin at UCSB? Any news?
      • Santi will try to contact them to get a status report
    • Status of TVNA work
      • Any progress on getting transfers to LoC?
      • Matt will try to Thomas and get a status update today
    • New L-Store client (Santi)
      • extra retries to reduce problems when a depot is acting up
      • want to restart the meta data server on vumeta1
      • new rename feature
    • VM Depot Status (Bobby, Paul)
    • Status of work at SFASU (Diane)
    • Status of CERN depots
      • depots have arrived at CERN
      • installation plans
    • Status of ORNL depots (Bobby, Jim)
      • Jim checking both implementations of LoCI and L-Store up and running
      • getting a more in depth understanding so can write up necessary security documentation
      • Bobby will create a lun for Jim's depot at home so he can write to it.
    • PerfSONAR integration status (Bobby, Martin)
      • working meeting at I2 offices in DC at end of August (25 & 26)
      • meet with Jason and Martin
      • they will work with us to make sure we have a display at SC08
      • middle of October I2 meeting in New Orleans... possibly do something there?
    • UTK tests
      • uploaded 1 Gig on REDDnet, had LODN replicate it to 7 TB.
      • about 20% complete on a download of all this data.
      • getting about 30 Mbs, but this may be limited by UTK network? (Building only has 100 Mbs connection)
      • verifying files and so far all of them are OK.
    • Terscale Supernova Project (Terry)
      • Blondin is about to ramp up his efforts, plan to use REDDnet to distribute some new data that has just been generated to his colleagues
    • doxygen documentation (Julie)
  • Protocol clarification/cleanup
    • Alan will start a wiki page listing proposed cleanups, extenstions, backwards incompatible changes, etc.
    • move towards a new release of the protocol